Acheron Builders Union

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Acheron!

5 posters

Yeah, I think I did the right thing...

TRUMP2016
    TRUMP2016
    SMP Staff
    SMP Staff

Yeah, I think I did the right thing... Empty Yeah, I think I did the right thing...

Post by TRUMP2016 Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:56 pm

I joined the SMP, and shortly after, Polak joined, but he wouldn't respond, which I found to be odd.
    Then another user started talking, (His name was Mordecai or something similar.) and said he was griefing the server; I asked him if he was serious, he said yes; I used the /say command and told him that he'd better stop. (I realize that this falls under the category of impersonating an op, and I'm sorry, but I think Polak would have gave the same warning.) He called me a faggot, and continued to taunt me so I tried to boot him, but it said that he wasn't there.
    I used the /list command, it showed that the only connected users were me and Polak, so I figured that this guy wasn't the average griefer, so I stopped the server.
    By stopped, I mean, /stop, as in, the server is now down.

After some thought, I personally think that it was Polak using a different name to see what I would do in a situation of this kind. Did I pass?

Last edited by Baglady74 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rdog_11
    Rdog_11

Yeah, I think I did the right thing... Empty Re: Yeah, I think I did the right thing...

Post by Rdog_11 Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Baglady74 wrote:After some thought, I personally think that it was Polak using a different name to see what I would do in a situation of this kind. Did I pass?
    You may be right. Now the server is back up though.
    I_Prod_I
    SMP Staff
    SMP Staff

Yeah, I think I did the right thing... Empty Re: Yeah, I think I did the right thing...

Post by I_Prod_I Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:31 am

Baglady74 wrote:I joined the SMP, and shortly after, Polak joined, but he wouldn't respond, which I found to be odd.
    Then another user started talking, (His name was Mordecai or something similar.) and said he was griefing the server; I asked him if he was serious, he said yes; I used the /say command and told him that he'd better stop. (I realize that this falls under the category of impersonating an op, and I'm sorry, but I think Polak would have gave the same warning.) He called me a faggot, and continued to taunt me so I tried to boot him, but it said that he wasn't there.
    I used the /list command, it showed that the only connected users were me and Polak, so I figured that this guy wasn't the average griefer, so I stopped the server.
    By stopped, I mean, /stop, as in, the server is now down.

After some thought, I personally think that it was Polak using a different name to see what I would do in a situation of this kind. Did I pass?

Lol theres a plugin called vMinecraft, it allows you to have nick names. Polak probably did that to mess with you lol!

Or it was FakeMessage. Either way, lol!

Or.... if he has Bukkit now, it was Glonick but still, lol!
    TRUMP2016
    TRUMP2016
    SMP Staff
    SMP Staff

Post by TRUMP2016 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:31 pm

did you read the fine print prod?
    TheFoxin
    TheFoxin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by TheFoxin Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:39 pm

bag this is offtopic but that gif in your sig... the video is pretty sick. That old marine still has it in him. pig
    I_Prod_I
    SMP Staff
    SMP Staff

Post by I_Prod_I Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:29 am

Yes I read it all, 3 times to be sure. Here is what vMinecraft, FakeMessage, and Glonick does:

It changes you display name to a name of your choice but will not show that name in /playerlist. /ban, and /kick will not have any effecnt on this "fake name". So Polak did this:

1. Polak typed in command /nickname Mordecai
    2. He types regularly and his name will show up as Mordecai but that name will not show up in /playerlist.

And if his name WAS Mordecai, someones probably been playing borderlands Smile
    AbsolutePolak
    AbsolutePolak
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by AbsolutePolak Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:15 pm

dam prod got it on the dot. except the command. lol .its glonick and i was joking bag lol i was about to tell you but then you shutdown, its fine Smile and yes, i have been playing borderlands, mordecia is fun, but i play brick now, hes awsome as hell.
    Rdog_11
    Rdog_11

Post by Rdog_11 Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:01 pm

So it was you that griefed everything, including my house????
    AbsolutePolak
    AbsolutePolak
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by AbsolutePolak Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:13 pm

griefed, no i was joking that i was griefing.
    TRUMP2016
    TRUMP2016
    SMP Staff
    SMP Staff

Post by TRUMP2016 Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Rdog,I was in your house, however, unbeknownst to me, I was being followed...
    By a creeper, and it made a hole in the wall, I thought it was fox's building so I knew that he could just fix it up.
    Sorry.
    Rdog_11
    Rdog_11

Post by Rdog_11 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:09 am

Lol, I forgot that the mobs can destroy stuff. No one griefed it, lol. My bad. I fixed it though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am